Terms of participation
Article 1. General Principles
- The Ordering Party of the conference entitled “Met Magento” (hereinafter: “Conference” or “Meet Magento Conference”) is Meet Magento Assocation e. V. – association under the German law with its registered office in Leipzig (address: Käthe-Kollwitz-Straße 60, 04109 Leipzig), entered into the commercial register (Handelsregister) under number: VR 5822, which you may contact to the contact details of the Organiser.
- The Conference Organiser is SNOWDOG sp. z o. o. with its registered office in Poznań (61-854), ul. Mostowa 11, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court Poznań – Nowe Miasto i Wilda in Poznań, 8th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000480529, with NIP (Tax Identification Number): 7831703995 and share capital in the amount of: PLN 50,000.00, which you may contact to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Co-Organiser of the Conference is Bold Brand Commerce sp. z o. o. with its registered office in Cracow (30-349), ul. Zygmunta Miłkowskiego 5 premises 3U, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000291014, with NIP (Tax Identification Number): 6762358772 and share capital in the amount of: PLN 154,000.00
- The principles for conducting the Conference and participating in it are set forth in these terms (hereinafter referred to as “Terms”), which is available at the Conference website: pl.meet-magento.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”).
- The Conference will be held on 10-11 September 2018 in Alvernia Planet (ul. Ferdynanda Wspaniałego 1, 32-566 Alwernia), according to the agenda available on the website.
- The aim of Meet Magento Conference is to support positive opportunities of trading in the internet and Magento software development, to support solving specific problems and acquiring new skills.
- Using the website requires access to the ICT system that meets at least the following technical requirements:
a) internet access,
b) properly configured web browser,
c) having access to the configured e-mail, whose address was given during the application for participation in the Conference.
- The information on the Conference, together with the amount of the fee, presented on the Website, does not constitute an offer within the meaning of Art. 66 § 1 of the Civil Code. The information on the Conference, together with the specification of the fee amount constitute only an invitation to conclude a contract within the meaning of Art. 71 of the Civil Code.
- The conference is closed and it is not a mass event within the meaning of the Act of 23 March 2009 on safety of mass events.
- The conference is conducted in English. Nevertheless, this does not preclude delivering a presentation by Speakers in a language other than English.
Article 2. Conditions of participation as a Participant
- A Conference participant (hereinafter “Participant”) may be any natural person who is over 18 and has full legal capacity, legal persons and organisational units without legal personality which may acquire rights and incur obligations on its own behalf.
- A condition for participation in the Conference as a Participant is the performance of the following activities until 9 September 2018:
a) submission of an application for participation via an application form available on the Conference Website in “Buy ticket” tab;
b) acceptance hereof,
c) payment of the fee specified by the Organiser, according to Art. 4 hereof.
d) To submit an application it is required to provide in the application form the necessary details: first name, last name, address, e-mail address, position and type of business. The participant who wants to receive a VAT invoice shall additionally provide: (business) name, address, Tax Identification Number (NIP).
- The organiser allows for the possibility of contacting the persons willing to participate in the Conference as a Participant in case of any questions regarding the sent application and in order to provide information about the participation in the Conference as a Participant.
- Upon compliance with the conditions of participation, the Participant will obtain from the Organiser, to the e-mail address provided during the application, the confirmation of the participation, with the provision that the number of participants is limited and the participation in the Conference is determined on the first come first serve basis.
- On receipt of confirmation of participation from the Organiser (providing that the Organiser has received the fee), a contract is concluded with the Participant for the provision of services relating to the participation in the Conference as a Participant. Conclusion of the contract entitles to the participation in the Conference (according to its agenda), which includes the consumption of drinks, snacks, lunch on both days and participation in the evening networking meeting on the first day of the Conference.
- The Organiser shall have the right not to allow the Participant to participate in the Conference when the conditions for participation in the Conference have not been met or when the limit of participants provided for has been exceeded.
- The Conference will be photographed and filmed for broadcasting in mass media (television, radio, Internet, press) or for the purposes of documentation, promotion, advertisement of the Organiser, the Co-Organiser or the Ordering Party. Participation in the Conference as a Participant is related to the right of the Ordering Party, the Organiser or the Co-Organiser to publish the image of Participants constituting a detail of a whole – the Conference.
- The Participant shall be obliged to comply with the binding provisions hereof.
Article 3. Conditions of participation as a Speaker
- The speakers of the Conference (hereinafter referred to as “Speakers”) may be natural persons over 18 with full legal capacity, who want to share their experience of working with Magento software, including in particular: representatives of entities operating on-line stores, software developers, project managers, product managers, representatives of interactive agencies, representatives of entities cooperating and providing services for entities operating on-line stores.
- The condition for filing an application for participation in the Conference as a Speaker is the submission of an application until 1 August 2018 via an application form available at the Conference Website under “Call4papers” tab and acceptance hereof.
- To make the application, it is required to specify in the application form the necessary details: first name, last name, business name, e-mail address, subject of the presentation, conference experience, experience with Magento. The subject of the conference shall address an issue related to Magento software.
- The organiser allows for the possibility of contacting the persons willing to participate in the Conference as a Speaker in case of any questions regarding the sent application and in order to provide information about the participation in the Conference as a Speaker.
- The Organiser shall decide about the selection of Speakers, based on the content-related assessment of the completed application forms. The Organiser will contact selected Speakers to the e-mail address provided in the application form within two weeks and indicate the date and the time provided for the presentation reported by the Speaker.
- Anyone who receives information via e-mail confirming the participation in the Conference as a Speaker shall be obliged, within 7 (seven) days of its receipt from the Organiser, to:
a) confirm his/her participation via e-mail;
b) send his/her 600x600 photo and a biographical note (no more than 500 characters);
c) agree to the publication of his/her first name and last name, business name, picture and biographical note on the Conference Website and in social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr), by filling in Appendix No. 1 hereto and sending it via e-mail to the e-mail address of the Organiser;
d) declare that in connection with the presentation, he/she will not infringe any third party rights, in particular copyrights;
e) agree to the recording, using and publication by the Ordering Party, the Organiser and the Co-Organiser of the image of the Speaker (including the voice and the speech) recorded during the Conference, by filling in Appendix No. 1 hereto and sending it via e-mail to the e-mail address of the Organiser.
- Should the Speaker fail to comply with the obligations specified in the above paragraph, he/she shall lose the right to participate in the Conference and his/her place shall be taken by the subsequent person on the reserve list.
- Upon the Speaker has complied with all the obligations in accordance with this Article, a contract with the Speaker is concluded for the provision of services regarding participation in the Conference as a Speaker (including the presentation). Speakers shall be entitled to participate in the Conference (which shall include the consumption of drinks, snacks and lunch on both days of the Conference, as well as the participation in the meeting held on the evening before the Conference (pre-party) and the participation in the evening networking meeting on the first day of the Conference). Speakers do not need to register in the manner provided for Participants. Participation in the Conference as a Speaker shall be free of charge; Speakers will also not receive any remuneration for the participation in the Conference.
- The Ordering Party, the Organiser and the Co-Organiser shall not be liable in case of any claims from third parties (in particular those concerning copyright) in case when such claims concern the Speaker’s presentation. In case of addressing such claims by third parties directly against the Ordering Party, the Organiser or the Co-Organiser due to reasons specified in the first sentence of this paragraph, the Speaker shall undertake to indemnify the Ordering Party, the Organiser or the Co-Organiser and to take over the claim.
- The Speaker shall be obliged to comply with the binding provisions hereof.
Article 4. Payments
- The amount of the fees for participation in the Conference as a Participant is posted on the Conference Website.
- To participate in the Conference, the Participant is required to make a payment upon the completion of the application fee. The Participant shall have the possibility to select the form of payment made available at that time by the Organiser. The available forms of payment may include:
a) wire transfer to the Organiser’s bank account upon the completion of the application form;
b) on-line payment made by the Participant in an electronic form with the use of forms of payment made available by a specialised payment institution.
- The Organiser shall issue an invoice for the paid fee after the Participant requested such invoice during the completion of such an application form. The Participant shall agree to the transfer of invoices electronically to the e-mail address specified in the application form.
- In case when Participant’s participation in the Conference is impossible due to the fact that the limit of participants has been exceeded, the Organiser shall reimburse the entire amount paid as a price for the participation in the Conference to the Participant
Article 5. Withdrawal
The Participant or the Speaker shall have no right to withdraw from the contract for participation in the Conference concluded at distance without giving a reason, within 14 days from the conclusion thereof due to Art. 38(12) of the Act on Consumer Rights, according to which the consumer shall not be entitled to withdraw from a distance contract, in relation to contracts related to entertainment, sport or cultural events, if the contract specifies a day or a period of provision of the service.
Article 6. Complaints
- The Participant or the Speaker may lodge a complaint against the Organiser, in particular when the actions of the Organiser provided for herein are performed incorrectly or in the manner inconsistent with the provisions hereof.
- The complaint may be lodged electronically to the Organiser’s address or in the form of a registered letter to the Organiser’s address. The complaint shall include: the first name and the last name or the business name, e-mail address of the Participant or the Speaker, a description of the circumstances justifying the complaint, as well as the specific request related to the lodged complaint. If the data or the information specified in the complaint need to be supplemented, before processing the complaint, the Organiser shall request the Participant or the Speaker via the specified e-mail address to supplement it within the indicated scope.
- The Organiser shall examine the case within 14 days from the date of receipt of the correctly prepared complaint. The Participant or the Speaker shall receive the information on the manner of complaint processing via e-mail to the address specified by him/her in the complaint. In case of rejection of the complaint, the Organiser shall notify the Participant or the Speaker of the fact by specifying the reasons for such decision.
- The Organiser informs that it is possible to benefit from the out-of-court method of handling complaints and claiming damages before the Permanent Consumer Arbitration Court at the Provincial Inspector of Trade Inspection. The information on the access of the aforementioned procedures of dispute resolution can be found on the website of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection under the following address: http://www.uokik.gov.pl/spory_konsumenckie.php.
Article 7. Personal data
The Ordering Party shall be the controller of personal data. Personal data will be processed in order to implement the contract for the participation in the Conference, under Art. 6(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter “GDPR”).
Article 8. Conference organisation
- During the Conference, the Participant and the Speaker shall be obliged to observe any possible order instructions of the Organiser.
- Participants and Speakers are obliged to observe the provisions of the facility rules applicable within the facility where the Conference is held, including in particular the security principles, OHS regulations and fire safety regulations.
- When the Organiser finds that the Participant or the Speaker violates the provisions hereof, the Organiser shall be entitled to refuse the Participant the right to participate in the Conference and to request the Participant to leave the Conference venue or the facility where the Conference is held.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for the belongings of Participants or Speakers that may be lost or destroyed during the Conference.
- Participants and Speakers shall be fully responsible materially for the damage caused by them within the premises of the facility where the Conference is held.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Conference, to change its date or venue due to reasons outside Organiser’s control, including in particular due to force majeure. Force majeure shall be understood, inter alia, as sudden, unpredictable events, caused by external circumstances (flood, earthquake, strikes, acts of public authority). Participants and Speakers shall be notified of changes electronically to e-mail addresses specified in the Conference application form and on the Conference Website. Within 7 (seven) days of receipt of the notification from the Organiser, the Participant or the Speaker may terminate the contract for participation in the Conference with immediate effect to the e-mail address of the Organiser or by a registered letter to the Organiser’s address (payments made by the Participant shall be reimbursed by the Organiser in full).
Article 9. Final provisions
- To all matters not regulated herein, the relevant regulations of the Polish law shall apply.
- Should any provisions hereof be held invalid under a decision of the court or any other competent authority, the remaining provisions shall be valid.
- In case of any amendments hereto, the Organiser shall inform on the fact on the Website. The terms shall come into force on the date specified in its amendment, however not earlier than 7 (seven) days from the date of its publication by the Organiser.
- The Organiser shall provide Participants and Speakers with the amended Terms electronically to the e-mail address they specified during application. Participants and Speakers will be notified of the amendment hereto and of the possibility to accept it within 7 (seven) days of receipt of the amended Terms, and lack of refusal to accept the Terms within the time limit set for its acceptance shall be deemed to be the acceptance of the amendments. Refusal to accept the amendment hereto shall be equivalent to the termination of the contract for participation in the Conference by the Participant or the Speaker with immediate effect (payments made by the Participant shall be reimbursed by the Organiser in full).
- The law applicable to contracts for participation in the Conference, concluded with Participants or Speakers under the conditions specified herein, shall be the Polish law. Any disputes arising from or in connection with these Terms shall be settled by competent Polish common courts.